Swanville Park building named after Ray Loven
On May 21, the Swanville Lions celebrated their 60th anniversary as a Lions Club and the 50th anniversary of the Swanville Mid-Summer Carnival.
Many area Lions Clubs were also in attendance to help Swanville celebrate the 60 years it has had a Lions Club.
Ray Loven, the only surviving charter member of the Swanville Lions, and co-founder of the Swanville Mid-Summer Carnival, was honored by having the Swanville Park building named after him.
Lion President Tim Churchwell proclaimed, “From this day forward, this building shall be known as the Lion Ray Loven Park Building.”
Loven, along with three other Swanville merchants, contacted the Little Falls Lions Club in 1951 about sponsoring a club in Swanville. Little Falls presented the Lions charter in 1952.