Business that came before the Morrison County Commissioners Thursday included:
• Approving a 2012 annual liquor license for a new establishment owner for John Chaika and Johnny C’s Sports Bar in Little Falls, and Don Peine and the Brickyard Bar in Pierz;
• Approving a late fee of $10 for tobacco licensing, according to local ordinance;
• Agreeing to contracts for home- and community-based services by Horizon Health Inc./Faith in Action and Knute Nelson Home Care for Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2014;
• Approving the renewal of an agreement between the County and Eastern Morrison County Four-Wheeler Club, that the County will do what is necessary to allow the club to maintain trails and receive funding from the state;
• Approving a resolution to sponsor the Eastern Morrison County Four-Wheeler Club for fiscal year 2013;
• Authorizing a resolution to enter into an agreement with the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) to exchange funds with Benton County. State Aid agencies are allowed to trade funds with each other;
• Authorizing a resolution to renew the master partnership contract with MnDOT, for negotiating and executing work order contracts in Morrison County;
• Approving resolutions for application for 2017 road project funding for County Road (CR) 213 from County State Aid Highway (CSAH) 13 to Trunk Highway (TH) 115, for CSAH 39 from MN TH 25 to three miles east of CSAH 33 and for CSAH 52 from CSAH 26 to Greenwood Road;
• Approving the reappointment of Kevin Festler as the Morrison County Surveyor from Dec. 1 to Sept. 1, 2013, while the county continues to develop a request for proposal for a survey position that will better define job responsibilities to meet the county’s current needs;
• Authorizing the appointment of Eileen Holtberg as interim county recorder effective Jan. 1, 2013, to serve the remainder of retiring County Recorder Elda Mae “Bunny” Johnston’s term to Dec. 31, 2014;
• Approving Holtberg to appoint a deputy recorder at grade 19 effective Jan 1, 2013;
• Approving a contract with Scott Wonderlich as public defender for Jan. 1, 2013 to Dec. 31, 2014; and
• Closing the meeting for an executive session to conduct union labor negotiations.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Morrison County Board will be Tuesday at 9 a.m. in the board room at the County Government Center.
The commissioners will vote to authorize salaries for elected officials: attorney, auditor/treasurer, recorder and sheriff.
The Board will also vote on changes to their own compensation effective Jan. 1, 2013.