Warrant issued for arrest of Little Falls man for burglary, assault

A warrant was issued Jan. 15, for the arrest of Jason Anthony Denton, 26, of Little Falls, following a Jan. 12 incident, during which an assault with a knife allegedly occurred.

The warrant is for felony first degree burglary, second degree assault and interfering with a 911 call.

The criminal complaint said the victim reported being at home at an apartment in Little Falls when Denton and another man, Edward John Lapenotiere Jr., 20, entered stating they had unfinished business with the victim’s brother.

The victim said when she attempted to dial 911, Denton began choking her and throwing her around the room. Denton allegedly pulled out a knife and threatened to break the victim’s jaw.

In an interview with a witness present during the incident, the witness’ story closely matched that of the victim. The witness allegedly said Lapenotiere was standing behind her and holding her hips to prevent her from helping the victim.

In attempt to locate the two men, Lapenotiere was located at his residence, arrested and gave a taped statement to officers.

In the statement, Lapenotiere allegedly said he was upset that the occupants of the apartment were telling people he was selling heroin and he went there to confront them. Lapenotiere said it was a coincidence that Denton showed up at the same time, for the same reason.

Lapenotiere allegedly said Denton knocked on the door and plowed his way inside and confirmed the assault on the victim. He said he stuck his arm out to prevent the witness from helping the victim, but denied he ever grabbed the witness. Lapenotiere also said he grabbed Denton and told him to go.

A charge of felony first degree burglary of an occupied dwelling without consent, either directly or as an accomplice, carries a maximum penalty of 20 years imprisonment and/or a $35,000 fine; second degree assault with a deadly weapon carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison and/or a $14,000 fine and interfering with a 911 call carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and/or a $3,000 fine.