by Jennie Zeitler, Staff Writer
The Morrison County Board approved two conditional use permits (CUP) for Carvin Buzzell of Lakin Township, Tuesday.
The first CUP was approved for “limited rural business” on one parcel of land, with 10 conditions. Among other things, conditions require that the outdoor shower area drains will be connected to an on-site septic system by June 30, and that the installation of a septic system serving the barn be completed prior to Nov. 30.
Other conditions require that any commercial food preparation for guests will be done in a licensed facility, and that outdoor music must end by 12:30 a.m.
The second CUP was approved for all eight of Buzzell’s parcels to establish an “outdoor recreation” location. Sixteen conditions apply to that permit, including a limit of four camping units per parcel and no water, electric or sewer connections will be made available to recreational vehicles (RVs).
Satellite toilets must be available to all camp sites and recreational areas. A septic dump station for RVs must be installed by Nov. 30.
Motorized sports are forbidden on the property. Solid waste receptacles must be made available within 400 feet of each camp site.
The commissioners inquired about the delinquent tax status of Buzzell’s property.
“Taxes need to be paid in full for anyone pursuing a public health license or a liquor license,” said County Administrator Deb Gruber. “Mr. Buzzell has not currently applied for any of those licenses.”
“There is no provision within the land use control ordinance that prohibits us from issuing a permit based on tax status,” said Planning and Zoning Administrator Amy Kowalzek.
Other business that came before the Morrison County Commissioners Tuesday included:
• Approving an annual license for additional license services to Nouis Home Care at Pine Edge in Little Falls, to add one lodging unit;
• Approving a 2013 seasonal establishment renewal to Lazy Pines Resort in Little Falls;
• Approving the Minnesota Trail Assistance Program agreement for the Eastern Morrison County 4-Wheeler Club and the Soo Line South Recreational Trail grant funding and disbursement of the $9,000 in funds as they are received;
• Approving a conditional use permit for Rich and Marjorie Boser/Fellowship Church to establish a church in a commercial zoning district (former Double Deuce Bar building in Genola) as recommended by the Morrison County Planning Commission;
• Approving two tax abatements as corrections for homesteads for Mary Lou Kasella Revocable Trust and Benedict Kasella, Jr. Revocable Trust in Morrill Township and for Elizabeth C. Wheeler in Randall;
• Approving the award of this year’s bridge replacement projects to Marvin Tretter for $516,660. All four bridge replacements are large box culverts. The bridge on county state-aid highway (CSAH) 47 in Leigh Township will be funded by a grant. Funding for three bridges in Buh Township comes through an annual township bridge allotment;
• Adopting a resolution with the Commissioner of Transportation for grant funding of CSAH 47 bridge in the amount of $73,114.38; and
• Adopting a resolution to participate in Region Five’s Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources (LCCMR) application to have aggregate resources mapped in the Region. The Minnesota Department of Transportation will provide in-kind services valued at approximately $57,000. Morrison County’s contribution to the project will be $5,000.
The County Board will hold a planning meeting Tuesday, May 14 at 8:30 a.m. in the board room at the County Government Center.