By Terry Lehrke, News Editor
Morrison County kids can get a free bicycle helmet at several different bike rodeos to be held across the county.
The bicycle helmets were donated by St. Gabriel’s Hospital, Family Medical Center, Little Falls Orthopedics (200 helmets), Morrison County Public Health (230) and the Little Falls Police Department (30).
Several bike rodeos have been coordinated already, with the help of Kris VonBerge, executive director of the Little Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau (LFCVB).
The rodeos will be conducted with the help of officers in the Little Falls Police Department who have received bicycle safety training to share with kids.
Bike rodeos scheduled so far include:
• Saturday, Aug. 3, from noon – 2 p.m., in the Scandia Valley Town Hall parking lot;
• Friday, Aug. 9, from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., during the Morrison County Fair at the fairgrounds (first 200 kids to register will receive a free bike helmet);
• Thursday, Aug. 15, from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at Randall Bingo Park;
• Wednesday, Aug. 28, from 4:40 p.m. – 6 p.m., at the Swanville High School; and
• Saturday, Sept. 28, from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. during Kids’ Day at the Morrison County Fairgrounds in Little Falls.
Helmets come in different colors and sizes and will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the various rodeos.
For more information, contact the LFCVB at (320) 616-4959.