Pole shed with homeowners’ belongings burns to the ground

Last night (Monday, Sept. 30), a 36-foot by 90-foot pole shed containing the property owners’ belongings burned to the ground. The Little Falls Fire Department received a call just before 5 p.m. that a building at 21828 205th Avenue in Ripley Township, was on fire. It was totally engulfed by the time firefighters arrived, said Little Falls Fire Chief Mike Nieman.

Nieman said the property owner’s belongings were in the shed while a new home was being built. About 400 bales of hay were also in the shed.

Nieman said the fire was difficult to put out. “What happens in a building that long,the tin falls in on the contents. The tin has to be moved to put the fires out,” he said.

No one was home at the time of the blaze and no one was hurt.

Nieman said 15 volunteer firefighters from Little Falls were on the scene and nine volunteer firefighters and two vehicles from Pierz. The Pierz Fire Department responded as a part of a mutual aid agreement with Little Falls.

 

up arrow