STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF MORRISON
IN DISTRICT COURT
CASE TYPE: OTHER CIVIL
COURT FILE NO.
Dalar Farms Partnership,
A Minnesota Partnership
Ashland, Inc., a Kentucky
Corporation; Marathon Petroleum
Company, L.P., a Delaware Limited
Partnership; Northern Tier Energy,
LLC, a Connecticut Limited
also any and all unknown heirs,
successors and assigns of any
of the above named Defendants,
now deceased, together with all
other persons and entities unknown
claiming any right, title, estate,
interest or lien in the real estate
described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: EACH ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANT.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the court administrator of the above-named court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Kelly A. Warren
WILLENBRING, DAHL, WOCKEN & ZIMMERMANN, PLLC
318 Main Street – PO Box 417
Cold Spring, MN 56320-0417
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Morrison County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
The East Half of the Southeast Quarter (E 1/2 of SE 1/4), EXCEPTING the North 2 rods thereof. AND the Southeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (SE 1/4 NE 1/4), all in Section Thirteen (13), Township One Hundred Thirty (130), Range Thirty-one (31), Morrison County, Minnesota.
Southwest Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (SW 1/4 of NE 1/4) AND North Half of Northeast Quarter (N 1/2 of NE 1/4), Section Thirteen (13), Township One Hundred Thirty (130), Range Thirty-one (31), LESS that part thereof described as follows: A parcel of land in the NE 1/4 of Sec. 13, Twp. 130, Rge. 31, more particularly described as follows: Beginning at a point on the East line of said Section 13, 1035 feet South of the Northeast corner thereof, thence running due West 435 feet, thence running North parallel with said East line of said Section 13, 501 feet, thence due East 435 feet, more or less, to said East line of said Section 13, thence running South along said East line to the point of beginning.
The object of this action is to determine adverse claims and to adjudge title in Plaintiff as the fee owner of the above described property, free and clear of any right, estate, interest, or lien of the Defendants or anyone claiming under them, in or to said premises or any part thereof.
8. NO MONEY JUDGMENT IS BEING SOUGHT FROM ANY OF THE NAMED DEFENDANTS HEREIN. The sole purpose of this action is to establish clear title in Dalar Farms Partnership.
Dated this 17th day
of September, 2013.
WILLENBRING, DAHL, WOCKEN
& ZIMMERMANN, PLLC
/s/ Kelly A. Warren
Kelly A. Warren (0387850)
Attorneys for Plaintiff
318 Main Street -
PO Box 417
Cold Spring, MN 56320-0417
PUBLISH: November 10, 17, 24, 2013 (51468)