Fire demolishes garage; no one injured

Little Falls firefighters responded to a garage fire at the John Cameron home, 18584 Riverwood Drive in Belle Prairie Township, about 4:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11.

Little Falls Fire Chief Mike Nieman said no one was at home at the time and the garage was fully engulfed when the 14 firefighters arrived. He said a 100-pound propane tank inside the garage exploded. “It literally lit up the yard when it went off,” said Nieman.

Although the garage was demolished, firefighters worked for several hours to contain the fire to keep it from gaining on the home.

Nieman said it is unclear what started the blaze and he was thankful that “Everybody came out safe.”

up arrow