SWANVILLE SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES,
SWANVILLE, MN. (UNOFFICIAL)
The Swanville School Board held its regular meeting on October 8th , 2013 in the High School Library. Board Members present were Jay Loven, Kathy Beckman, Chris Kircher, Rick Gutormson, and Todd Jackson. Member late was Jeff Opelia. Administrator Harthan, and some staff were present.
Chair Jay Loven called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Motion made by Beckman and seconded by Gutormson to approve the agenda for this meeting. Motion carried.
Motion made by Jackson and seconded by Kircher to approve the minutes of the September 10th board meeting. Motion carried.
7 – 12 Principals Report:
1. 70 students attended We Day! ( they had a great time)
2. Homecoming week is going great, congratulations to Queen Ashley Maciej and King Andrew Vodak and their royal court.
3. Congratulations to September Students of the Month Amanda Rieffer and Kylie Loven!
4. I sat in on the interviews for new social worker for Northern Pines. The hope is to have someone new in place by Nov. 1st.
5. We are in need of a few more people for bullying committee and will have training soon.
6. I have met with almost all high school teaching staff and am working on individual goals and staff goals.
Elementary Principals report:
1. Congratulations to the Elementary for being named a Celebration Eligible School based on the 2013 MCA tests and MMR scores.
2. Wednesday, October 9, is Unity Day or Unite Against Bullying Day. Elementary students and staff are encouraged to wear orange that day in support.
3. The 5th/6th football game will be Thursday, October 10.
4. Conferences are Monday and Tuesday, October 14 and 15 from 4-8 pm.
5. The Clubs Choice fund-raiser has been completed, with delivery scheduled for Wednesday, October 23.
6. Staff attended trainings at MDE on the ADSIS reading program.
7. At the October 4 inservice, staff worked in their Professional Learning Communities. The K-4 PLC is going to try out different reading strategies with their students, and then report back to the PLC how successful those strategies were.
8. The end of the first quarter is Friday, November 1, and will be another early dismissal day for staff inservice.
Administrator Harthan informed the board that they did not get the Baseball for Tomorrow Fund Grant for the Jennie-O field complex.
The board learned that Prairie Valley will join the Prairie Conference now that Burnsville is exiting.
The board was also informed that the yearly audit did not bring good news and the district will likely go into S.O.D.
Board member Kathy Beckman will be on the Bullying Committee.
Reds Irish Pub will hold a fundraiser for the Letter Club donating $3.00 on every meal.
Motion made by Kircher and seconded by Beckman to approve the Assurance of Compliance with the State and Federal law prohibiting Discrimination. Motion carried. Copy on file at District office.
Motion made by Loven and seconded by Opelia to approve the Seniority List for 2013/2014 school year. Motion carried.
Motion made by Jackson and seconded by Gutormson to pay the bills in the amount of $133,535.99 Motion carried. Check numbers 72060 – 72157.
Motion made by Kircher and seconded by Opelia to approve electric transfers of $21,428.06 on September 20th, 2013 and $21,045.64 on October 5th, 2013. Motion carried.
Motion made by Loven and seconded by Beckman to adjourn the meeting at 7:45 p.m. Motion carried.
PUBLISH: November 17, 2013 (55371)