MID-STATE EDUCATION DISTRICT MINUTES OF REGULAR GOVERNING BOARD MID-STATE
EDUCATION DISTRICT LITTLE FALLS, MN 56345
A Regular Meeting of the Governing Board of Mid-State Education District was held Wednesday, October 9, 2013, beginning at 4:00 PM at MSED Clover Glen Lane, Little Falls, MN.
Board members present: Dale Lenz, Patty Stangl, Lois Metcalf, Sharon Ballou and Bill Krivanek. Superintendents present: Gene Harthan and George Weber. Others present were: MSED Director Suzanne Busacker, Accountant DeAnn Peterson, and Accountant Support Lori Thieschafer.
1. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m. by Board Chair Lois Metcalf followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Sharon Ballou, the minutes for September 18, 2013 were approved. Motion carried.
3. On motion by Bill Krivanek, seconded by Patty Stangl, the agenda was approved with the following modifications of tabling item 7A & 8C-1. Motion carried. 4.On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Patty Stangl, the Mid-State Bills for September in the amount of $233,730.11 (check numbers 44,325-44,366) and wires (13) in the amount of $97,699.79, and reimbursements (12) in the amount of $3,110.28 were approved. Motion carried.
5. Staff/ Guests Speakers
There were no staff or guest speakers present.
6. Governing Board Action Items
A. Second read/ approval on ITV Reimbursement Policy for Non-member MSED Schools. Item tabled.
8. Personnel Items
A. Approval of Resignations. None presented.
B. On motion by Sharon Ballou, seconded by Bill Krivanek to approve the Lane Changes for Elizabeth Lehn, Vision Impaired Teacher and Nancy Hansen, ECFE Teacher noting that they will not go into effect until ELMF contract has been approved for school year 2013-14. Motion carried.
C. Hiring Recommendations for MSED Positions.
1. Approve the Hiring of an MSED Administrative Assistant. Item tabled.
9. On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Bill Krivanek to approve the contracts for Purchase of Services for 9A. Motion carried.
10. On motion by Bill Krivanek, seconded by Patty Stangl to approve the Resolution for Assurance of Compliance FY 14. This is an annual resolution for assurance of compliance with State and Federal Law prohibiting discrimination. Motion carried.
11. On motion by Sharon Ballou, seconded by Dale Lenz to approve the Let Quotes for Snow Removal. Annual Action item for snow removal at MCLC, STEPS, and Clover Glen. Motion carried.
12. On motion by Patty Stangl, seconded by Bill Krivanek to approve the Contract with LF Taxi, LLC. This contract is for STEPS students transportation needs. Motion carried.
13. Discussion (Non-action) Items
A. Impact of Federal Government shutdown.
14. Cash Flow Report
15. On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Sharon Ballou, to adjourn meeting at 4:11 PM.
16. Next Governing Board Meeting: Wednesday, November 13, 2013. Next Executive Board Meeting: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, Initiative Foundation, Little Falls, MN.
In absence of Jeff Opelia
Mid-State Governing Board
PUBLISH: December 1, 2013 (60960)