Wood boiler shed burns in Scandia Valley

A 911 caller Dec. 30 reported a wood boiler shed on fire at 7094 320th Street. No other buildings were nearby or in danger of burning.

The property and building was owned by Tom Kosec.

Five Scandia Valley Fire Department trucks and 15 firefighters responded. They were on the scene for 1 1/2 hours.

Crow Wing Power was contacted to reroute the electric line above the shed.

The building, used to heat the home, was a total loss. There were no injuries.

up arrow