MID-STATE EDUCATION DISTRICT MINUTES OF REGULAR GOVERNING BOARD MID-STATE
EDUCATION DISTRICT LITTLE FALLS, MN 56345
A Regular Meeting of the Governing Board of Mid-State Education District was held Wednesday, November 13, 2013, beginning at 4:00 PM at MSED Clover Glen Lane, Little Falls, MN.
Board members present: Dale Lenz, Patty Stangl, Lois Metcalf, Jeff Opelia and Bill Krivanek. Superintendents present: Gene Harthan. Others present were: MSED Director Suzanne Busacker, Accountant DeAnn Peterson, and Accountant Support Lori Thieschafer.
1. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m. by Board Chair Lois Metcalf followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Bill Krivanek, the minutes for October 9, 2013 were approved. Motion carried.
3. On motion by Patty Stangl, seconded by Jeff Opelia, the agenda was approved. 4. On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Lois Metcalf, the Mid-State Bills for October in the amount of $289,788.21 (check numbers 44,367-44,482 and wires (25) in the amount of $108,085.85, and reimbursements (23) in the amount of $7,304.06 were approved. Motion carried.
5. Staff/Guest Speakers
Corey Jensen and Katja Sias presented on information about their positions within MSED. Also present was Ryan Rehnstrand MSED North Special Education Administrator.
6. Governing Board Action Items
8. On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Bill Krivanek, to approve Personnel Items A & B. Motion carried.
A. Approve Amended Child Care Leave
1. Amended Child Care Leave for DesiRae Cary. Leave date range beginning October 16th, 2013 thru January 1st, 2014.
B. Medical Leave
1. Medical Leave for Michelle Young starting December 16th for 6 weeks. If an appointment would come open earlier she would take it. Motion carried.
C. On motion by Patty Stangl, seconded by Bill Krivanek, to approve the posting of item 1 & 2. Motion carried.
1. MSED North for an additional Paraprofessional position do to high enrollment, this would be a 1.0 FTE (.5 one to one para & .5 additional program para).
2. STEPS substitute paraprofessional for employee on medical leave.
D. First Read of Seniority Lists for 2013-14 of Certified, Non-Tenured, ECFE and Support Staff Seniority Lists. Motion carried.
9. On motion by Jeff Opelia, seconded by Lois Metcalf, to approve the FY14 Contract with Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative for Audiologist Services from Peter Holleque. Motion carried.
10. On motion by Patty Stangl, seconded by Bill Krivanek, to approve the Snow Removal quotes for MCLC, STEPS, and Clover Glen. The bid was awarded to Robert LeMieur Snow Service Inc. Motion carried.
11. On motion by Dale Lenz, seconded by Jeff Opelia, to accept the Donated Equipment. MSED has received a Portable Electronic Magnifier and Distance Viewer. Valued at $3000 purchased with Federal Quota funds for the Blind. Motion carried.
12. Audit Presentation Discussion
13. Discussion (Non-action) Items
14. Cash Flow Report for Period Ending September 30, 2013
15. On motion by Jeff Opelia, seconded by Lois Metcalf, to adjourn meeting at 4:25PM.
16. Next Governing Board Meeting: Wednesday, January 8, 2014. Next Executive Board Meeting: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, Initiative Foundation, Little Falls, MN.
Mid-State Governing Board
PUBLISH: January 19, 2014 (163872)