STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF MORRISON
IN DISTRICT COURT
COURT FILE NO. 49-CV-14-23
CASE TYPE: QUIET TITLE ACTION
Janice J. Scharenbroich, a/k/a
Janice J. Knutson,
Theresa A. Gratzek, Florence T.
Gratzek, Joan R. Gratzek, John B.
Gratzek, Gordon H. Holtz, and
Grace A. Holtz,
And all unknown assigns of the
above-named Defendants and all
of the unknown heirs of any Of
the above-named Defendants now
deceased, And all unknown
persons claiming any right, title,
Estate, interest, or lien in the real
estate described In the Complaint
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: THE ABOVE NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there maybe no Court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at: Borden, Steinbauer, Krueger & Knudson, P.A., 302 South Sixth Street, P.O. Box 411, Brainerd, MN 56401.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, an the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A Default Judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Morrison County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lots One (1) and Two (2), Lake Sullivan Conservation Club, according to the Plat thereof, which Plat is of record in the office of the County Recorder of Morrison County, in Book A of Plats, Page 229.
The object of this action is to determine that Plaintiff is the sole owner in fee simple, except as to mineral rights reserved to the State of Minnesota or previous owners, if any, of the above-described premises and that Defendants have no right, estate, title or interest therein or lien thereon.
Dated: January 13, 2014
Borden, Steinbauer, Krueger
& Knudson, P.A.
Charles P. Steinbauer /s/
Charles P. Steinbauer
Atty. Id #010484X
Attorney for Plaintiff
302 South Sixth Street
P.O. Box 411
Brainerd, MN 56401-0411
PUBLISH: January 19, 26; February 2, 2014 (163689)