UPSALA AREA SCHOOLS
January 22, 2014
The regular meeting of the School Board of Upsala Area Schools will be held on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 in the high school library at 7:30 PM. Please be advised of the enclosed proposed agenda and any appendixes, which may be attached.
Call meeting to order.
Recognition of visitors to board meeting.
Members of the audience who wish to address the board will be recognized at this time as per the protocol posted. Members of the audience are reminded that this is a meeting of the Board of Education to conduct the business of the school district in the public. Anyone wishing to address an issue not on the agenda is to contact the Supt. or Board Chair in advance of the meeting.
Approval of agenda.
Approval of the regular board minutes of 12/18/13.
Approval of the bills
1. Dean of Students report.
2. Superintendents report.
3. Committee reports.
4. Board members reports.
1. Election of Offices.
2. Approve the policy for Participation at Board Meetings.
3. Set Board Compensation for 2014.
4. Approval of the following consent agenda items:
a. Districts Legal Counsel: without retainers the following three law firms.
b. Districts Official Publications: Morrison County Record
c. Districts Memberships
d. Designation of Official
Depositories: Stearns Bank of Upsala and the Minnesota Liquid Asset Fund (MNLAF)
e. Authorization for the use of school board chairperson, clerk and treasurer facsimile signatures.
f. Authorization of payment of district obligation in advance of board approval via Imprest Cash Fund (as required by M.S. 123B.11)
g. Authorization to make electronic fund transfers (as required by Minnesota Stature 471.38)
5. Approve school committee appointments.
6. Approve the policy for Expense Reimbursement for Travel, Lodging and Meals.
7. Approve the regular board meeting dates to begin at 7:30 PM in the Upsala High School Media Center for 2014 as follows:
Feb.= 26 June = 25 Oct.=22
March=26 July=23 Nov.=26
April =23 Aug. =27 Dec. =17
May = 28 Sept. =24
Dec. 17th is the only exception to the 4th wed. rule.
8. Approve the tentative school calendar for 2014-2015
9. Approve the Resolution Directing the administration to make recommendations for reductions in programs and positions therefore.
10. Approve the Anonymous donation in the amount of $2000.00 for S.O.S. Fund.
PUBLISH: January 19, 2014 (165095)