STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF MORRISON
IN DISTRICT COURT
Court File No. 49-CV-14-627
Gerald D. Christianson and
Mary M. Christianson,
Husband and Wife
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANT ABOVE-NAMED:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a law suit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no Court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at: Borden, Steinbauer, Krueger and Knudson, P.A., 302 South Sixth Street, P.O. Box 411, Brainerd, MN 56401.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Paintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose the case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A Default Judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written reponse to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY, located in Morrison County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
The North Half of Northeast Quarter (N1/2 NE1/4) and the Southwest Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (SW1/4 NE1/4) and Lot Three (3), all in Section Nine (9), Township Forty-two (42), Range Twenty-eight (28):
That part of Government Lot 3, Section 9, Township 42, Range 28, Morrison County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Commencing at the northwest corner of the Northeast Quarter of Section 9; thence South 0 degrees 26 minutes 59 seconds West, assumed bearing, 2652.02 feet along the west line of said Northeast Quarter to the northwest corner of Government Lot 3 in said Section 9; thence South 89 degrees 35 minutes 01 seconds East 660.00 feet along the north line of said Government Lot 3 to the point of beginning; thence continuing South 89 degrees 35 minutes 01 seconds East 300.00 feet along said north line of Government Lot 3; thence South 41 degrees 29 minutes 22 seconds East 191.62 feet; thence South 36 degrees 26 minutes 24 seconds west 348 feet, more or less, to the shoreline of Peavy Lake; thence northwesterly along said shoreline to its intersection with a line bearing South 0 degrees 26 minutes 59 seconds West from the point of beginning; thence North 0 degrees 26 minutes 59 seconds East 135 feet, more or less, to the point of beginning.
That part of a 20.00 foot wide easement for ingress and egress, over and across, the West Half of said Northeast Quarter as described in Doc. No. 314752.
A 22.00 foot wide easement for ingress or egress, over and across, the West 22.00 feet of the East Half of the West Half of Said Northeast Quarter lying south of said 20.00 foot wide easement desired in Doc. No. 314752; All in accordance with a survey by Thomas P. Theissen, RLS. No. 16097, dated November 10, 1987 and revised February 16, 1988, and shown as Exhibit A under said Doc. No. 341752 and a survey by Thomas P. Theissen, RLS No. 16067, dated March 4, 1994.
That part of Lot Three (3) of Section Nine (9), Township Forty-two (42) North of Range Twenty-eight (28) bounded and described as follows, to wit: Beginning at the Southeast corner, thence North on the East line one hundred and ten (110) rods; thence West and parallel with the South line to the shore of Peavy Lake; thence Southwesterly along the shore of said Lake to the South line of said Lot Three; thence East along the South line to the place of beginning, containing twenty-seven and one-half (27 1/2) acres, more of less.
The West Half of West Half of Northeast Quarter (W1/2 W1/2 NE1/4), and that part of Lot Three (3) bounded by the following lines: commencing at the Northwest corner of said Lot 3, running thence east forty (40) rods, thence south to Peavy Lake, thence following shore of the lake in a southwestern direction to the intersection of this line and the west line of Lot 3, thence North to the point of beginning, all in Section Nine (9), Township Forty-two (42), Range Twenty-eight (28), containing forty-five (45) acres, more or less.
The object of this action is to determine that Plaintiffs are the sole owners in fee simple, except as to mineral rights reserved to the State of Minnesota or previous owners, if any, of the above-described premises and that Defendant has no right, estate, title or interest therein or lien thereon.
Borden, Steinbauer, Krueger and
Charles P. Steinbauer/s/
Charles P. Steinbauer,
Attorney for Plaintiffs
302 South Sixth Street
P.O. Box 411
Brainerd, MN 56401-0411
PUBLISH: May 18, 25; June 1, 2014