Morrison County Fair schedule packed with activities
The Morrison County Fair in Little Falls runs from Thursday – Sunday, Aug. 7 – 10. Whether your favorites are the rides, games of chance, the food or just seeing the displays, plan now to attend.
The Fair opens at noon both Thursday and Friday, and at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
The schedule of events at the fair includes:
Crescent City Amusements midway hours
Crescent City Amusement opens its midway with food vendors, games of luck and carnival rides at 5 p.m. Thursday night. Armbands can be purchased for the evening, and at a reduced rate in advance at Coborn’s Superstore.
On opening night only, however, fair-goers get a special deal on the armbands that allow unlimited riding on most rides — the 3/3/3 promotion is on at the midway only from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Folks can bring three canned goods for the food shelf and get three armbands for $30.
On Friday, the midway opens at 3 p.m. and all rides will cost just $1 until the evening’s end.
Saturday and Sunday, the midway opens at noon with armbands good from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. on Saturday. Sunday, armbands are good from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Armbands are again available and good from noon – 5 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday and are at full price after 5 p.m. until the midway closes.
- A pre-fair motocross show is planned for Wednesday, Aug. 6, at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, the Tuff Truck and Car Competition begins at 7 p.m.
- Friday, a demolition derby gets under way at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, a 4X4 truck and tractor pull begins at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, a demolition derby gets under way at 2 p.m.
Opening Day • Thursday, Aug. 7
- Opening day is Military Day at the Morrison County Fair. Those who present a military ID are offered free parking.
- At noon, a ceremony will take place at the Fair Office, with the National Anthem being sung and a speech by Camp Ripley personnel.
- Century Farm presentations will also be held at noon at the Fair Office.
- The day continues with these special events:
- •A demonstration of antique engines at Machinery Hill at 1 p.m.;
- •The 4-H Rabbit Show at 3 p.m. in the livestock show arena;
- •The AirMaxx Inflatables Fundraiser, runs from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.;
- •Sue’s Country Sunshine Dance Band and Variety Show will entertain at the pavilion from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.;
- •Bingo is played from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.; and
- •A 4-H Barn Dance gets under way at 8 p.m. in the livestock show arena.
Friday, Aug. 8 • Motoring Day
Friday is Motoring Day at the Fair and special events include:
- Bingo from 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.;
- A Smear Car Tournament begins at 12:30 p.m. at the north end of the food building;
- Demonstrations will be held at Machinery Hill at 1 p.m.;
- A milk mustache contest, sponsored by the American Dairy Association takes place at 1 p.m., at the beer garden;
- A milking contest, sponsored by the American Dairy Association, gets under way at 2 p.m. in the livestock show area. Emcee Commissioner Jeff Jelinski said he’s lined up the candidates for Morrison County Sheriff to compete against the four Dairy Princesses, as well as the candidates for state representative for District 9B;
- A Lone Eagle Auto Club Car Show is open from 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.;
- Goat Obstacle Course begins at 2:30 p.m.;
- AirMaxx Inflatable Fundraiser again runs from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.;
- At 3:30 p.m., the 4-H General Livestock Show begins featuring beef, swine and sheep, in the livestock show arena; and
- Deejay Mark Anthony will entertain the crowds with “Elvis and Neil Diamond Remembered,” from 8 p.m. – midnight at the pavilion.
Saturday, Aug. 9 • Kids Day!
- At 8 a.m., an open class horse show begins and a 4-H Dairy Goat and Meat Show will be held in the livestock show arena;
- “500” Card Tournament begins at 12:30 p.m. in the north end of the food building;
- A bike rodeo hosted by the Little Falls Police Department, runs from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. west of the horse barn by the midway;
- URock bands from St. Francis Music Center will perform from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. in the garage door building;
- Play bingo from 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.;
- Machinery Hill demonstration, 1 p.m.;
- At 3 p.m., the 4-H Poultry Show and judging takes place in the livestock show arena;
- 6 p.m. — The parade of champions takes place in the livestock show arena;
- 4-H Premier Showmanship begins at 7 p.m. in the livestock show arena;
- The band “Loss4Words” performs from 9 p.m. – midnight at the pavilion.
Sunday, Aug. 10
- Horizon Health will name the Outstanding Morrison County Senior Citizens at noon in the garage door building;
- Demonstrations at Machinery Hill begin at 1 p.m.;
- An open general livestock show of swine, meat goat and beef, 1 p.m., livestock show arena;
- 4-H will present Fashion Revue at 1 p.m. on the 4-H stage;
- Bingo will be played from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- At 7 p.m., all 4-H and open class exhibits will be released and will no longer be open for viewing by spectators.