STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF MORRISON
IN DISTRICT COURT
COURT FILE NO. 49-CV-15-1189
Lancing Scott and
Pamela Lee Scott,
husband and wife,
Donald L. Torrell and Alma E.
Torrell, and all unknown assigns
of the above-named Defendants
and all of the unknown heirs of
any of the above-named
Defendants now deceased, and
all unknown persons claiming
any right, title, estate, interest,
or lien in the real estate described
in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: THE DEFENDANTS ABOVE-NAMED:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no Court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at: Borden, Steinbauer, Krueger & Knudson, P.A., 302 South Sixth Street, P.O. Box 411, Brainerd, MN 56401.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A Default Judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Morrison County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lots Two (2) and Three (3), Block Eleven (11), Enchanted Lakes First Addition;
Lot Twelve (12), Block Ten (10), Enchanted Lakes First Addition
The object of this action is to determine that the Plaintiffs are the sole owners in fee simple of the above-described premises, except as to mineral rights reserved to previous owners, if any, and that Defendants have no right, estate, title, or interest therein or lien thereon.
Dated: September 9, 2015
Borden Steinbauer Krueger
& Knudson, P.A.
/s/ Charles P. Steinbauer
Charles P. Steinbauer
Atty. Reg. #010484X
Attorney for Plaintiffs
302 South Sixth Street,
P.O. Box 411
Brainerd, MN 56401-0411
PUBLISH: September 20, 27; October 4, 2015 (448868)