In other business Monday, the Little Falls City Council:
- Approved an exempt permit for the Knights of Columbus to hold a raffle March 26, 2017, at Our Lady of Lourdes Church;
- Approved an exempt permit for St. Mary’s Church to hold a raffle, Nov. 20;
- Accepted the low quote of $4,716.65 for parts for a sprinkler system for City Hall from Hardware Hank;
- Authorized buying a new streetlight from Viking Electric for $9,250, and to have Holden Electric install it for $3,745. The light is going in the city’s parking lot behind the Little Falls Theater due to complaints that there is not enough light there;
- Ratified and confirmed the purchase of a sprayer for the golf course for $5,905.63. City Engineer Greg Kimman said the item will pay for itself in a few years by allowing the city to cover more area with quid fertilizer than with the same amount of dry fertilizer;
- Authorized advertising that the city is looking to fill the wastewater operator position;
- Approved a measure allowing the city to donate surplus equipment to non-profits;
- Approved donating 20,000 cubic yards of dirt to the Little Falls School District to use as filler for new ball fields at the Belle Prairie Soccer Fields. This was not covered by the new rule allowing donation to non-profits, because the school district is another public entity; and
- Approved allowing a department head to hire a temporary employee for no more than 67 days in a calendar year with the city administrator’s approval instead of having to go to the Council. City Administrator Jon Radermacher said this is to fill seasonal positions at areas like the golf course quickly.
The next meeting of the Little Falls City Council is Monday, Oct. 3, at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall’s Council Chambers. A special work session and public forum will precede the meeting.