March 22, 2017
The regular meeting of the School Board of Upsala Area Schools will be held on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 in the high school library at 7:30 PM. Please be advised of the enclosed proposed agenda and any appendixes, which may be attached.
Call meeting to order.
Recognition of visitors to board meeting.
Members of the audience who wish to address the board will be recognized at this time as per the protocol posted. Members of the audience are reminded that this is a meeting of the Board of Education to conduct the business of the school district in the public. Anyone wishing to address an issue not on the agenda is to contact the Supt. or Board Chair in advance of the meeting.
Approval of agenda.
Approval of the regular board minutes of 2/22/2017.
Approval of the bills
1. Dean of Students report.
2. Superintendents report.
3. Committee reports.
4. Board members reports.
5. Kara Poissant present information and request for 2019 Europe Art Trip.
1. Approve donations from the Upsala Lions club: $2500 for Kindergarten Readiness and $300 for Senior Class American Govt. Field Trip.
2. Approve the donation from the Sobieski Lions for a graduating senior scholarship of $250.
3. Approve the donation of $10,000 for a $500 annual scholarship to a graduating Upsala Area School student who meets the criteria.
4. Approve the long term contract with Linda Kulow as the HS Library Aid.
5. Approve the lane change for Nick Klug from MA to MA+10 and Haylee Vershure from BA+30 to MA. Both have completed the requirements for a lane change effective March 1, 2017.
6. Approve the resignation for the High School Media Specialist position effective April 7th, 2017.
PUBLISH: March 19, 2017 (665280)