Voters will decide the fate of the Pierz School District’s $18.45 million bond referendum, Monday, May 22.
If passed, the referendum would cover improvements to Healy High School and Pioneer Elementary in Pierz, including:
- Renovation and expansion of the Pioneer Elementary School parking lot to accommodate the current needs for events at both schools;
- Building one larger gym connecting both schools to be used by both schools. It will serve as the physical education program site for the multiple classes of physical education going on each day now at Pioneer Elementary;
- Converting the current Pioneer Elementary gym into two levels of classrooms, rather than add that new construction onto the grades 4-6 wing;
- Addition of a new band room to the high school; and
- Building an auditorium to the north of the current stage, creating an auditorium for the school and community for the performing arts, theater, large group presentations, guest speakers and other events.
Voting will take place at the following locations, all from noon – 8 p.m.:
- Harding City Hall, for the city of Harding and Platte and Pulaski townships in Morrison County and Daggett Brook and Platte Lake townships in Crow Wing County;
- Lastrup City Hall, for the city of Lastrup and Buh and Granite townships in Morrison County;
- Buckman City Hall, the city of Buckman, and Buckman and Morrill townships in Morrison County, and Graham Township in Benton County; and
- Pierz City Hall, for the cities of Pierz and Genola, and the townships of Agram, Belle Prairie, Hillman, Little Falls, Mount Morris and Pierz.