Anyone who lives in Morrison County and has an eye for photography, could win cash prizes by simply submitting their electronic images.
The Region Five Development Commission has created a website called “The Good Life” to attract workers targeting primarily millennials and to assist in attracting businesses, new startups or relocation of existing businesses. The content is success stories, highlighting leading employers and testimonials from workers thriving in the region and showcasing a good workforce, natural resources, businesses and quality of life assets.
The site can be viewed at www.thegoodlifenorthcen tralmn.com.
Morrison County was awarded a $5,000 grant to purchase photos to showcase various sectors of the area. More than 160 photos are being sought in five categories; all photos must be taken in Morrison County by a person who lives in Morrison County.
Judging will be quarterly with cash prizes awarded each quarter for first, second, third and honorable mention in each of the five listed categories. First place in each category will be $100, second place $50, third place $25 and five honorable mentions in each category, each quarter, will receive $10. Submission deadlines are Sept. 30 and Dec. 31 and March 31, 2018 and June 20, 2018.
- Nature, photos showing birds, animals, the rivers, lakes, seasonal foliage, etc.
- Communities, photos of festivals, community gatherings, Camp Ripley, etc.
- Manufacturing, photo examples of actual people working in Morrison County businesses. Community Development can give guidance and make arrangements for people to come in to take photos. Contact Carol Anderson at (320) 632-5466 or [email protected]
- Events, photos of real people at graduations, sporting events, plays, etc.
- The arts, photos of community plays, performances at Great River Arts, St. Francis Music Center or any of the schools.
Photos must be taken between Sept. 1, 2017 and June 20, 2018. Photos must be 2,500 pixels or greater and submitted in a digital format to a Drop Box on the city of Little Falls’ website. This website can be found at http://cityoflittlefalls.com.
Community Development of Morrison County is the fiscal agent on this project. Any photos purchased through this grant funding will become the property of Community Development of Morrison County to use, publish, copy, print, copyright or electronically transfer with the photographer signing a photo release form.
For more information, contact Community Development of Morrison County, the Little Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau or the Little Falls Area Chamber of Commerce.