Community

By Terry Lehrke, News Editor Residents on Vincent Street near Second Avenue in the city of Pierz would like a four-way stop put in the area due to increasing traffic, with some possible speeding issues. Mayor Toby Egan said the concern was brought to him by a resident. He talked to a few other neighbors and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Terry Lehrke, News Editor Six jurors deliberated for nearly five hours and found Brian-Paul K. Crowder not guilty of three misdemeanor criminal counts. The charges of fifth degree assault, disorderly conduct and fourth degree damage to property were brought against him by the county attorney’s office, after a confrontation Crowder had with Charley Sprandel at [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Three Morrison County sites are participating in the Minnesota Renewable Energy Tour this year. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, the public is invited to visit these sites to talk with home and/or business owners about their experiences with solar, wind, geothermal and other energy efficient measures. Locally, people [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Dee Knopik is affectionately called the “Duck Lady” by her friends and those who observe her feeding the ducks at Maple Island Park every morning. “I get out there every morning at the time the sun comes up,” she said. “The ducks are waiting for me at my door every morning.” [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer The Morrison County Commissioners voted to allow two Lake Improvement Districts (LIDs) in the county to increase their assessments of lake shore owners. Representatives from the LIDs were present at Tuesday’s meeting to discuss the 2015 pending assessments. A LID assesses lake shore owners for the purpose of eradicating invasive species [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Little Falls Community High School announced its homecoming queen and king candidates including front row (from left): Heidi Moe, Megan Koenig, Mikayla Gottwalt, Matison Gold and Elizabeth Theis. Back row: Thomas Bell, Joshua Kapsner, Connor Jorgensen, Ben Witt and Owen Justin. Coronation takes place Monday, at 7 p.m. in the Charles D. Martin auditorium. The homecoming royalty will [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Rick Turner, along with his wife, Carrie, and daughter, Rudi, have moved their business, Four Cheeks Foods, to a location in Randall suitable for all manner of parties such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, along with business meetings and more. For Rick, it’s a dream come true to work for himself and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Tuesday, after five hours of deliberation, six jurors found Alderman Brian-Paul K. Crowder, not guilty of fifth degree assault, disorderly conduct and damage to property. The charges stemmed from an altercation with Charlie Sprandel, May 24, in the Oakland Cemetery. The trial started yesterday (September 22). Sprandel and Crowder testified yesterday, as did Little Falls [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Swanville High School announced Jordan Sales, left, son of Bruce and Chris Sales, and Danica Hanson, daughter of Dan Hanson and Evelyn Hopko, were crowned as homecoming king and queen Sunday, Sept. 21. They will preside over weeklong activities including: Monday, the dress up day is “Would you still be my friend if I dressed like this?” [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow