Community

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer The Little Falls Schools are again implementing the Minnesota Reading Corps in its curriculum for students ages 3 – third grade. The Corps is an AmericaCorps program that provides trained literacy tutors for students. The Minnesota Reading Corps began in 2003 and early on, the results showed how effective it was [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The first showers of April came in the form of snow. This semi jackknifed on Highway 10 just north of Iris Road in Little Falls Thursday, April 3, at about 5:30 p.m. There was no damage to the semi and the driver was not hurt. The Minnesota State Patrol reported several other minor crashes and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

A benefit fundraiser for Lulu Martinez, the Royalton High School senior who is battling leukemia for the second time her life, will be held Saturday, April 12, at the Little Falls VFW. Skyline Tattoo, hosts of the event, will offer 2-inch by 2-inch cancer ribbon tattoos from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. for $50. In [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Two children with disabilities make life challenging, but full of love  By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Julie and Rich Langer, who live north of Lastrup, are in need of an adaptive van. Two of their children, Victoria, 8, and John, 3, both have epilepsy, cerebral palsy and are legally blind. A strong Christian faith keeps the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Blonda B’s plans open house April 26 – 27  By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Stacie Supan has opened Blonda B’s Gift and Boutique in downtown Holdingford. The business is named after Supan’s grandmother, Blonda Bromenschenkel. “I named the shop after my grandmother because it’s a different name,” she said. “I spent every day with my grandmother [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

She will be honored at a banquet Friday, May 2  By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Aeron Baum was recently named Morrison County’s Child Care Provider of the Year. This is the second time she has received the honor; the first in 1999. “I love children,” she said. “I work with kids at church and at Vacation [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Devin Popp, the son of Troy and Debbie Popp, was recently named Royalton High School’s (RHS) Artist of the Month for February. After transferring to Royalton High School in the ninth grade, Popp has been a regular in the art room. He has taken drawing, painting, ceramics, design and photography classes and excelled in each [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Marvin Hoheisel, owner and broker with Century 21 New Horizons Realty, also owns Hoheisel Auctioneering Service. He said it’s a great fit. “I have been a broker since 1982 and at that time I began seeing a trend in auctioning real estate along with personal property,” he said. “That’s when I [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow