Community

The Bowlus American Legion’s float remembered the 70th anniversary of D-Day (June 6, 1944) honoring those who died in service to the United States, during the Bowlus Fun Day parade, July 6. While a bugler played taps, the float showcased Legion members in uniform, surrounded by flags and the Fallen Soldier Battle Cross, a symbolic [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Ivan Weber, born and raised in Pierz, has been told most of his life that he has cerebral palsy. He was diagnosed in 1968, at age 3 after his parents, Leo and Rosetta Weber, took him to the doctor. A benefit for Weber is planned for Saturday, July 26, at the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer Inspired by her son, Christopher, JoAnn Fletcher of Little Falls has started the Little Falls Scooter/Moped Club. “Since I was 16, I have wanted a scooter,” said Fletcher. “A motorcycle seemed too fast and since I am disabled, a bicycle was too difficult.” Fletcher has a bone disease called hereditary multiple [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Tina Snell, Staff Writer The staff at Preferred Choice Chiropractic in Little Falls welcomed Dr. Tawnee Croteau to its group of doctors in May. Recently graduated from Northwestern Chiropractic School in Bloomington, Croteau said she is loving Little Falls. “It’s a cute town. While it’s bigger than Biwabik where I grew up, it has that [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Howard Lestrud, ECM Publishers A 30-year career with the Minnesota State Patrol came to a close officially on July 1 for Sgt. Curt Mowers, of Brainerd. Mowers, 55, is well-known through many Minnesota newspapers, including those of ECM Publishers, for his traffic safety column, “Ask a Trooper.” Mowers has regularly answered questions of readers, even [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

On Tuesday afternoon, July 8, an accident occurred between a car and a Burlington Northern Santa Fe train on Broadway Avenue in Little Falls. It is yet unclear if the car hit the train or the train hit the car. Westbound traffic on Broadway Avenue, east of the railroad tracks, was routed north on Paul [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Howard Lestrud, ECM Publishers A 30-year career with the Minnesota State Patrol came to a close officially on July 1 for Sgt. Curt Mowers, of Brainerd. Mowers, 55, is well-known through many Minnesota newspapers, including those of ECM Publishers, for his traffic safety column, “Ask a Trooper.” Mowers has regularly answered questions of readers, even [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

On Tuesday, July 8, at approximately 3 p.m., a Rogator sprayer, driven by Glen Przybilla, 43, Pierz, ran over a vehicle driven by 81-year-old Phyllis Reznicek,  Little Falls. Both vehicles were eastbound and had stopped at the intersection of Fourth Street Northeast and Broadway Avenue at a red light. Reznicek’s car was in front of the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow